The Public Works Association of British Columbia (PWABC) is pleased to offer two scholarships for support the further education of our members and their relatives. To view each scholarship and determine whether or not you are eligible, select the scholarship name from the list below to read more. Application forms are available in each scholarship’s corresponding section.
$1000 Education Scholarship
Two scholarships will be awarded at the annual PWABC Conference in September of each year. The successful applicants will receive the scholarships in two $500 installments, at the end of each semester of study, upon submission of proof of attendance and successful completion of courses.
Selection criteria are:
- Must be an employee of a member municipality or public works agency or child of such employee. Membership is defined as any member of APWA in the BC Chapter
- Must be for full-time attendance at a post-secondary educational institute; all higher institutions of learning — universities, community colleges, or technical institutes are acceptable, provided the student is taking a full course load and is enrolled for at least two semesters
- First priority given to students required to leave home in order to attend school
- Second priority to students enrolling for the first time
- In case of a tie, there will be a lottery to determine who gets the scholarship
- Scholarship paid upon submission of results indicating successful completion of each semester
- Application must be received by June 30 to qualify for the current school year
Applications for the current year fall semester should be submitted by the 30th day of June.
PWABC Scholarship for Further Training (Members Only)
PWABC offers a scholarship that is intended to assist with the further education of its members. This $1000 scholarship is for any individual registered in the CPWS certificate program who is also a member of PWABC/APWA.
To apply for the scholarship, please download the application form.