Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Fort St John
Area Manager, Roads
$63,973.31 - $72,937.86 annually
A key role of an Area Manager is to ensure the motoring public throughout the district are provided a high level of customer service as well as a safe and reliable transportation network. In unison with the Operations Manager, an Area Manager acts as the local ministry representative on highway operation related issues within their assigned area.
The ability to establish positive working relationships with the Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractors, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with the public, elected officials, regulatory agencies and other ministry staff is essential to this position. Area Managers plan, organize and implement the delivery of various road rehabilitation and improvement projects integrated with other ministry programs. Road related emergency situations can occur at any time during the day or night; Area Managers provide immediate direction and oversight in response to emergency situations, ensuring the safety and protection of the public, the infrastructure, and the environment.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Professional Engineer and one year of *related experience; OR
- University or college degree in a related field of study and one year related experience, OR
- Diploma, from a recognized Institute of Technology, (e.g. applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC) in a related field of study and three years related experience, OR
- Grade 12 (or GED) and a minimum of five years related experience.
“Related experience” means experience in highway construction and/or maintenance, project management, contract management, traffic management, surveying or audit processes, procedures and practices.
“Related field of study” means study in the field of civil engineering, structural engineering, construction technology, surveying, geology, geography, or project management.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers’ license in good standing;
- Road Area Manager Certificate of Completion required through BCIT (or another technical institution)
Important: Area Manager Certificate of Completion through BCIT (or another Technical Institution) is required to be appointed at the AO 24 level. Successful applicants that have not received a certificate of completion would have to do so within one year and will be under-implemented at the AO 21 level until completion.
For more information and to apply online by May 21, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/60309
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.