Director of Operations & Infrastructure - Town of Three Hills, AB
Located just east of Highway #2, and roughly halfway between the Cities of Red Deer and Calgary, the Town of Three Hills has the security and quality of life of a small town with numerous big city amenities. The downtown sector features excellent shopping and dining conveniences, as well as several financial institutions and service necessities. With seven parks and over four kilometers of walking trails, abundant green space can be found throughout the community. In addition, modern recreation facilities, dynamic arts organizations, and numerous services groups all lend well to our high quality of life.
The Town has a population of 3,212 residents, over 30 FTE’s, and an overall annual operating budget of approximately $9M. For additional information on the Town of Three Hills, please visit our website at www.threehills.ca
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of Operations & Infrastructure will oversee all operational services for the Town including public works, parks and facilities, and utilities.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in a related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff, elected officials, contractors and consultants, as well as the general public.
- Willingness and capability to get out into the field on a regular basis and meet with crews, contractors, and the public.
- Working knowledge of asset planning and life cycle management.
- A solid understanding of the budgeting process and the ability to stick within the set budget.
- An understanding of a rural municipal setting, coupled with proven leadership skills and a technical background.
- Experience with the operation of all public works equipment.
- Ability to champion a safe work environment and enforce that proper OH&S procedures are being adhered to by Town staff.
We are seeking an individual who will fit with the existing team, and who brings the right blend of experience and personality to the role. A comprehensive compensation package will be provided. In addition, the Town has a comprehensive and generous benefits program, and you will be enrolled in LAPP (Local Authority Pension Plan). Details will be discussed in further conversations.
For further information please visit our website, or contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.