The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling!
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. Come find your life balance here and grow your career with us. Live and work in a place that Maclean’s Magazine has named one of the best places to live in Canada. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities. Spend weekends wine tasting, picking fresh locally grown produce, mountain biking through stately pine forests or swimming or kayaking in beautiful Okanagan Lake. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Construction Foreman will help lead the day to day operation to promote the safe, efficient and effective delivery of municipal infrastructure construction and related projects. This position will organize and arrange work including coordinating equipment, labour, subcontractors and ordering materials and supplies. The working Foreman will assist the Supervisor in overseeing and monitoring the work performed of hired contractors, receive and review assignments, design drawings and project plans, monitor and maintain records and approve work activity documentation. Along with providing ongoing guidance, leadership, motivation, coaching and direction to the construction team, this role will support with new employee training and orientations. The successful candidate may need to work flexible hours, including shift work and weekends and have the ability to respond to after-hours emergency call outs.
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years civil construction experience in roads, sidewalks, water/sewer
- Minimum 2 years in a lead hand, foreman or equivalent supervisory position related to Civil Construction (i.e. roads, sidewalks, water, sewer)
- Certifications related to civil construction activities such as cost estimating, construction management/coordination and construction safety (i.e. safe excavation, sloping/shoring, ground disturbance etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occupational First Aid Level I
- Certified Traffic Control in British Columbia
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement
- Extensive experience operating a variety of heavy equipment and hand tools
- Demonstrated experience in cost estimating and construction coordination for Municipal construction activities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength and stamina to perform heavy manual work outside in the presence of all types of weather conditions
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- Ability to interpret detailed construction design drawings
- Ability to motivate and direct staff
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Pay $37.93 |40 hrs/wk