Casual (3 days per week, 5 months)
The City of White is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams.
The Operations Department seeks a casual Technical Assistant with outstanding work ethic and a safety-first attitude to join their team. The successful candidate must be available to work at least three days per week and is expected to conclude by December 31, 2021. The Technical Assistant is responsible for reviewing traffic and patio permits and other related administrative tasks, such as, but not limited to reviewing highway use permits, highway alteration permits, responding to resident enquiries, preparing permit documents and update the permit status in our database.
- Completion of a two-year engineering technician’s diploma with sound related experience, preferably with basic GIS applications; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Ability to interpret and apply bylaw, policies, department regulations and objectives.
- Ability to interpret and review proposed plans; identify issues that do not conform to the bylaw.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts and to deal effectively with the public in processing a variety of enquiries, complaints, and requests for information.
- Ability to utilize software applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and the City’s internal GIS system
- Ability to perform clerical and recordkeeping tasks.
- Sound knowledge of related procedures, functions, and objectives and of the applicable rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Working knowledge of related manual and computer assisted graphics techniques, procedures, equipment, and materials.
- Working knowledge of drafting methods, practices and techniques as applied to municipal work.
- Some knowledge of the requirements and applications of the graphic and non-graphic data on the information system.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
The City is committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. In return for your valued contributions, you can expect a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team. The hourly wage of this unionized position is $29.74 - $34.98 (2019 rate) If you are a competent applicant and you feel you can help us continuously push and support excellence we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume and certifications for consideration by the application deadline.