Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award-winning values-based organization made up of a
diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Engineering and Public Works Department is currently looking for a diversely skilled professional for the role of Engineering Technologist to join our Public Works team. As an energetic, results orientated Engineering Technologist you will be involved in a variety of areas including project coordination, program design and implementation, asset data management, record keeping and reporting for municipal servicing infrastructure.
What is your WHY?
Our commitment to each other and the community is to enrich the lives of all who live, learn, work and play in Port Coquitlam. We are looking for an individual whom has this purpose and whose behaviors are inspired by these values:
- What I do matters – everyone’s work makes a difference and impacts the organization
- Everyone is my customer – we provide an exceptional customer experience to each other and the community
- Everyone is my co-worker – we support each other and collaborate across the organization
- Every idea matters – all ideas are welcome as we continually seek to improve
- We grow together – as we grow and develop as employees, we strengthen the organization
The successful candidate will play a key role in:
- Project management, coordination and scheduling; design review, cost estimating, contract management
- Maintaining and updating computerized models and databases
- Responding to and establishing effective relationships with both internal and external contacts.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we would love to hear from you:
- Highly organized analytical thinker with strong project management skills
- Have a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, supplemented by other related courses in safety, environment or other related fields
- Three years of experience in municipal public works including streets, drainage, sanitary sewer works, water works and solid waste collection
- Registration or eligible for registration as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- A commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement.
Why should you consider working for us?
- A challenging and rewarding career in the service of our community
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves and have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including a competitive annual salary staring at $82,000 and embrace a holistic approach to work and life outside of work