The District of Saanich is seeking an experienced journeyman mechanic for work in the Storm and Wastewater Section. This is tradesperson work at the journeyman level requiring skill and ability in the application of maintenance and repair procedures for wastewater facilities. The work also includes design input and construction supervision for new wastewater facilities.
- Uses computer based SCADA system to monitor pump stations
- Installs and maintains piping, appurtenances, flow monitoring equipment and related computer software
- Performs and supervises preventative maintenance requirements, establishes schedules and carries out maintenance as directed or required.
- Maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and diesel systems
- Electrical troubleshooting, welding, fabricating, pipefitting and mechanical repairs pertaining to sewer lift stations
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of diesel mechanics and in particular modern electronically controlled diesel stand by power units
- Provide routine maintenance, adjustment, and repair on all gasoline and diesel powered vehicles and machines