The District of Port Hardy requires a Red Seal Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic for a full-time permanent position in the Operational Services Department.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for:
• Maintenance and repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment.
• Maintenance and repairs to small motors on pumps, compressors, compactor, mowers etc.
• Maintenance and operation of the District repair shop.
• Maintain records for all maintenance and repair work.
• Other related duties.
• Red Seal Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic.
• Valid BC Drivers License (Class 3 with air).
• Valid, BC Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certification.
• Completion of grade 12 education or equivalent with basic computer skills.
• Knowledge and ability to use Automotive Scan Tool is desirable.
• Experience as an equipment operator is desirable.
This is an International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) position with a wage rate of $34.33, (collective agreement 2015-2019). The position includes a comprehensive benefit package and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan.
Please forward your resume by Friday, August 7th, 2020 to:
District of Port Hardy
7360 Columbia St. Box 68
Port Hardy, B.C., V0N 2P0
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions regarding the position to Bruce Forsyth, Public Works Supervisor 250-949-1522.