APWA WINTER MAINTENANCE OPERATOR CERTIFICATE
Date and time: Tuesday, October 24 2023 – 8am to 1pm (lunch provided)
City of Surrey Operations Center – 6651 148th St, Surrey BC
The Winter Maintenance Operator Certificate is for those “behind the wheel” during winter maintenance events. This half day workshop is designed to:
- Provide a basic understanding of winter operations
- Increase operator understanding of winter materials and how they work
- Provide an overview of winter equipment and its upkeep
- Encourage enhanced communication between fleet personnel and operators
- Discuss winter operations for operators
Resulting in more effective, efficient, equitable and environmentally-friendly snow and ice control. There is no content testing for this program; participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program as long as they have been present throughout the entire workshop. This is a fantastic training opportunity for new and experienced operators, supplemental operators from other departments, and contract operators, to ensure a strong overall understanding of winter maintenance operations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- New and experienced operators
- Supplemental operators from other departments
- Contract operators
- Operators who want a greater understanding of winter maintenance operations
- $300 for PWABC members
- $450 for non-members
Complete your registration using the form at this link.
PROUDLY SPONSORED AND SUPPORTED BY