Call for Expressions of Interest:
Join a fun and enthusiastic team working to build on the successes of the past and capitalize on new opportunities to bring value to our membership!
The Public Works Association of British Columbia (PWABC) is looking for new members to join the board for two year terms beginning in January of 2022.
We are interested in individuals currently working in all positions within public works in the Province of BC. Board positions are a two year term with meetings occuring once a month (virtually) and volunteer options for contributing to other areas of interest.
Things we are excited about:
- Winter Maintenance Operator Certificate Workshop (Sept)
- Joint virtual conference with BCMSA (Oct)
- Annual General Meeting (Nov)
- Awards program (Dec)
- International Woman’s day – ½ day program and networking (March)
- Expanding our virtual workshop/courses offerings
- Transitioning our Chapter to post-Covid realities
- Refresh our Emerging Leaders programing and networking
- Maturing our media content
- Strengthening our relationship with APWA and other stakeholders such as Asset Management BC
- Updating bylaws and procedures
Check out our website for more information. https://pwabc.ca/ [pwabc.ca]
Please submit your expression of interest (ie: resume and covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31st 2021 for review and consideration by our Board Member Selection Committee.